This article was designed to help provide you with GSATi's support practices and procedures. It is intended as a quick reference go-to guide when assistance is needed. Our goal is to respond to all requests within a timely manner based on the order they are received and the priority level that has been requested.
Quick Reference Links:
Methods of Support
Support Webform (GSATi Preferred)
We have designed a webform that will allow you to submit requests to GSATi and where we also will communicate progress updates up until completion. The reason why this is our preferred method is, that this web form will allow you to express the nature of your request in detail and will allow our support staff to properly assess and process your request in a timely fashion based on the organizational impact.
- Our support portal can be located here:https://support.gsati.com/hc/en-us
- Once you navigate to this site you will create an account. Upon creating your account you will be able to log in and submit requests.
Note: Once logged in on a particular browser, you will stay logged in unless you manually log out or clear your browser cache.
- Once logged in, the submit request button is located here
- Next, you will need to identify the type of request you are submitting by clicking in the (Please choose your type of Service Request) field.
- Now you will need to fill out the components of the ticket
- Subject - High-level description of the issue.
- Description - Detailed notes regarding the nature of the request
- Priority - categorized as low, normal, high, urgent
Note: We ask that you would sparingly use urgent and use it in cases that are mission-critical which severely impacts the organization.
- Website Component (an optional field) if the issue is on a website or in a particular component on a Point of Sale.
- Environment - Browser using, Platform (iPad/Windows PC / Mac Computer/ Printer Type, etc)
- Attachments - Here is where you can upload a picture or screenshot to help provide better context regarding the nature of your request.
- Finally, press submit.
Reviewing Submitted Tickets
Within the Support Portal, you can view your tickets that are open or closed
- To do this click the down arrow next to your name (once logged in) in the upper right and then click My Activites
- Here you can view all of the previous tickets that you have submitted and their current status.
- Solved - Completed Ticket/Request
- Open - In progress and being worked on by a GSATi employee
- Awaiting Your Reply - GSATi is awaiting your response before we can proceed
To view the comments in a ticket you can do so by clicking on the subject of the ticket which will take you into the ticket view where you can also add additional remarks or attachments.
Respond to Support Via Email
- You alternatively can respond to the email that gets generated when submitting a ticket. Email responses append to the ticket history where both GSATi and yourself can view.
Support Email Address
We also have a support email address in which you can submit a request when on the go. This can come in handy if you are not at a computer where you can log into the support portal but need to send in a request quickly while away from a computer.
- To submit a ticket via email you will need to perform the following steps
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add a subject (Which will become the Ticket Submit)
- For Urgent/Critical matters, you must include the word (Urgent or Critical) in the subject line.
- Regular requests (Low/Normal/High - priorities) you do not need to identify this in the subject line
- In the body of the email add notes regarding the nature of the request (which becomes the ticket description)
- Add any attachments or pictures/screenshots to the email which will append to the ticket.
We also offer limited phone support. When you dial 866-977-GSAT (4728) and leave a message. One of our support staff team members will review your message and return a call in the order that it was received.